Monday, June 30, 2008
Version 0.15 additions:
- new improved targeting reticle which shows up under any view (1st person, chaseCam, cornerCam etc.)
- targeting reticle now adjusts to ship's momentum, thus providing an accurate estimate of where your shot will go. Coding this involves taking the ship's orientation quaternion and projecting a fictional, instantaneous shot approximately 25 ship lengths in front of the player (at least that's how I chose to do it)
- shots are now much faster, able to traverse the length of the holodeck in about half a second. This allows for much more accurate, "laser-like" shooting
- you can now adjust the distance of the chaseCam from the player ship
- new Allied ship which hatches from certain small asteroid chunks when the asteroid is shot (these special asteroids have a reddish tint to them)
- the Allied ships look like the player ship, but are red instead of blue. They will actively attempt to hunt down and kill enemy ships in the arena. Quite helpful! But of course they steal points from the player this way.
I'll be in New York City for a week, so the next update will be in 10 days or so.
- ▼ June (5)