Saturday, July 26, 2008
Changes from v0.30 to v0.31:
- New ship awarded every 100,000 points
- Tweaked logical sizes of all objects to make collisions more accurate
- Made HealthPack and Enemy Gold Stash powerups larger (easier to grab)
- Prisoners now more skilled at intercepting player ship
- More powerups appear per level
- Some changes to the enemy AI
Friday, July 25, 2008
Upnumbered the version from 0.20 to 0.30 to reflect the large amount of new content
There are numerous additions and changes in all areas of the game:
- About 20 new sounds added, for a total of approximately 37
- Several new textures added
- Player ship looks like the allied computer ships, but is distinguished by the UVic crest on the wings of the human-powered ship
- Theme music added (toggle with the "M" key)
- New objects: prisoners, enemy gold stashes
- Zoom effect when traveling from one level to the next
- Scoring revamped
- Bonus point algorithm - points depend on the success of your "save the prisoners" mission
- Lots of bug fixes
Thursday, July 24, 2008
I've done a major update from v0.19 to v0.20.
It was a LOT of work but I think the game will be a lot more fun because of it.
The storyline has been completely revamped - instead of simply killing the enemy ships to complete a level, you have to rescue allied prisoners who are encased in the asteroids. The cube is a huge space prison, and your job is an ongoing rescue mission.
I'll have a more detailed update soon, as well as some new screenshots.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Changes from v0.18 to v0.19:
- Texture-mapped skins for player and allied ships
- Enemy ships are bigger (makes them easier to hit)
- Increased arena size; new arena has more than twice the cubic footage
- Energy cube increases your energy more than twice as much
- Color of enemy shots is now orange
- Allied lasers now have a different sound
- Increased number of powerups per level
- Fixed bug with preferences file possibly causing a crash
- Fixed bug where some sounds might get prematurely chopped
Friday, July 11, 2008
Version 0.18 Additions / Improvements:
- Sent this version to eight playtesters.
- Two new powerups added, as well as a revamped splash screen.
- Energy Cube powerup: hatches from small gold asteroids. Adds to player's health (Or to an enemy's health if they grab it first). Can be shot, or destroyed in a collision.
- Gravity Well powerup: hatches from small gold asteroids, immediately falls straight to the -z wall. Upon impact with the wall it explodes and creates a temporary gravity field towards the -z wall. While plummeting to the floor, the Gravity Well is fatal to anything that touches it. But it can be shot, for big points.
- The Allied Ships are now a yellow color.
- The holodeck is now green and has a CR logo on the walls.
- Lots of files added. There are now approximately 12 .c files, all with accompanying .h files.
- Lots of new sounds added. They are all public domain sounds culled from the Internet.
- ▼ July (5)