Thursday, May 08, 2008
Added flexibility to the arena structure; it can now be any rectangle (not just a cube).
Reorganized the code files. The current list is now as follows:
Changed the keyboard input routines: an array of bytes now represents the on/off state of each key. A key down event turns the key's byte on, and a key up turns it off. This allows much smoother, faster and more fluid player inputs without relying on the key repeat feature of the hardware.
Added a very skeletal "Splash Screen" state in which the program is running, but there is no game playing. This screen will allow conveyance of such information high scores, settings, and info on how to play.
Added a basic scoring scheme; found and fixed some bugs and issues dealing with such questions as: if a ship gets blown up by a shot, how do we track which object actually *fired* the shot? That is, who gets credit for the kill?
- Upgraded text display - I use a bitmap font now in...
- Added rudimentary artificial intelligence to the e...
- As I knew would happen eventually, I've run into t...
- Items added:- Energy bar showing player energy- Le...
- Added flexibility to the arena structure; it can n...
- Finally got the movement and shot-firing direction...
- Many more additions to the basic structure this we...
- - A major internal change (and surprisingly diffic...
- ▼ May (8)