Space Prisoner 1.4

Space Prisoner 1.4
Work on Space Prisoner has ceased.
However, I will continue to update the high score list as scores come in.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Version 1.2 released. Major memory leak plugged. It should be OK now.

OK, so clearly I should have done some more thorough playtesting!

Apologies to all who suffered through the indignity of having bizzare and/or hanging displays when they downloaded version 1.0 or 1.1 and tried to start a game. I forgot an important rule: OpenGL requires that the width and height of all textures be a power of 2 (128, 256 etc)... I had one large one which didn't meet this requirement. This caused an OpenGL memory leak. My fresh, RAM-heavy machine handled it no problem... but other machines didn't.

Great start to the public version, don't you think? :-/

No comments: